Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

HELP ME UNDERSTAND POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE AND PROGNOSIS A

Customer Question

HELP ME UNDERSTAND POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE AND PROGNOSIS A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. REC'D A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT APPROX 5-6 YEARS AGO FROM MY NOW 41 YEAR OLD SON. TAKING AUTOIMMUNE MEDS, HAVING BLOOD WORK DONE ON A ROUTINE BASIS WITH OCCASIONAL BLOOD TRANSFUSION TAKING INJECTION FOR BLOOD COUNT.
I WAS DX WITH NOROCORE VIRUS NOV 2012 AND SUFFERED SEVERAL FLARE- UP LAST BOUT WAS FEB 2013 REC'D IV FLUID (SEVERE VOMITING & DIARRHEA) WILL I NEVER GET RID OF THIS VIRUS. CAN I SPREAD THIS TO OTHERS? HOW? I DID HAVE AN INCIDENT WITH A PERSON WHERE I BIT BREAKING THE SKIN, IS THERE A CHANCE I COULD HAVE INFECTED THIS PERSON?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi. How was it determined you had a norovirus infection? What's your CBC, especially your white count, now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not know what my white count is now. All i was told was that i have the noro virus in nov 2012

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Were you tested for the virus or was the diagnosis just made on symptoms alone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WAS TESTED FOR THE VIRUS

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--just to be clear here, is your question only about the virus and your problem with it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok could i have passed this norovirus to the person that i bit while i was suffering from a flare up i was vomiting

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--and we can continue here after this if you need to. The virus is contagious but only through the oral route--sharing eating utensils, eating food touched by the infected person if they had not washed their hands, etc, but not from a bite to the skin. In other words, the other person would have to swallow the virus to be infected.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I THINK IT IS BEST FOR ME TO CONTACT CDC

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by saying that?