How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two small raised dark spots on the shaft of my penis.

This answer was rated:

I have two small raised dark spots on the shaft of my penis. One is smaller than the other and neither hurt or itch. I noticed them thee weeks ago and I have unprotected sex but with only with my faithful wife. I would like to know if this is something to be concerned about, thanks.


Are these located near the mid of the shaft or near the base of penis?

Any associated discharge?

Are these hard or soft?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They are mid shaft on the underside. No discharge and they are firm. No redness on or around it. The color is somewhat hard to describe but I would say either a brown or geyish color. I believe when they started there was three of them but the third was very small and seems to have disappeared. Also side note - I did have molluscum contagiosum ten years ago but had it treated and this doesn't look quite the same, thanks.

Probably these don't appear infectious especially since your don't have a history of unprotected intercourse with multiple partners.

In few cases the hair gland follicle can become a bit raised and appear as a brownish bump probably due to friction.

Molluscum contagiosum does not remain in the body when the growths are gone from the skin and will not reappear on their own.So probably that is a less likely diagnosis from what you describe.

Probably you should monitor these for few days and if further increase in size or number further investigations may be considered.

I hope these helps

Dr. Anil and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there any way to make it go away?

You can apply some cream like Soframycin as it can help to prevent friction induced inflammation.