How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm getting intermittent scabbing/bumps on what i believe is

This answer was rated:

i'm getting intermittent scabbing/bumps on what i believe is called the perineal raphe. occasionally the inner labia. there may be a light burning sensation as it appears, which last a few minutes. goes away of a day to a week. i've not seen the visual evidence to be able to describe them.
no unusual discharge
no smell
some asymetical (sp) hair loss of the outer label
middle aged, overweight, diabetic, high blood pressure
exercising 2.5+ hrs cardio a week on bike
urinal frequently yeasty
HPV positive
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
How large are the bumps?
Is there any fluid in them?
When did all those symptom start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they're fairly small, feel more like scabs

no noticeable fluid

first noticed a months or so ago, thought it was a laceration from over aggressive masterbation

Did you apply any medicine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

none, it appeared to be healing on its own.

also, STD free (except HPV) as of three years ago

pap in October clear

three low risk partners in the time frame

Thank you for all the information,
There can be a few possibilities.
There can be dermatitis or irritation from rubbing.
A fungal infection is also possible.
Fungal infection of skin is common in those area in diabetes.
Hair loss can occur from those.
Bumps with burning sensation can occur in herpes but they usually contain fluid in them.
Warts can occur but seems unlikely given the history.
I feel you should not panic.
Till you can see doctor you can apply antifungal creams like monistat, lotrimin.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you