Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I can't see my ob gyn for another month can someone hel me

I can't see my ob gyn for another month can someone hel me decipher my ultrasound report?
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Why did you have the ultrasound?
What are your symptoms?
Please write down the report.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, very irregular periods, with extremely heavy bleeding, intermittent sharp pain in lower left abdomen.
Is there a way I can attach a pic of the report?
Hello Belinda,
Since when are you having irregular periods?
How frequently do you get heavy bleeding?
How many sanitary pads you need to change in a day?
How is urine?
Did you try any medicine?
If so how long are you taking it?
When did you consult your general physician last?
You can attach the report in the tool bar clip Icon.
If you can not send, you can contact customer care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since periods returned when my 3rd baby was 7months old, period any where between every 14 and 28 days, lasting anywhere from 3 -9 days. Changing 6-7 pads per day. Urine is fine. No medicine have never found a pill that does not cause chronic headaches. Saw my gp last week
I am waiting for your attachment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can't attach...
The report says,
The uterus is anteverted anteflexed and midline
It is bulky non gravid size measuring 11.6 x 4.1 x 6.3
The uterine outline is normal and the mayo metrical echo texture is normal
3d construction of the coronal plane shows a normal cavity shape
There is a partial thickness mayo metrical defect at the level of the lower uterine segment, c section scar
There is also a simple mayo metrical cyst at this site 6mm in diameter
The endrometrium measures 13.4mm in thickness and is proliferative
It is regular in outline with no evidence of a polyp
The left ovary measures 4.4 x5.2 x2.5, it appears polycystic with at least 12 natural follicles as well as a dominant follicle which measures 15mm in diameter. There is also a simple cyst that measures 2.3x2.7x2.0 and an old corpus leteum. Clor Doppler shows no unusual neovascualarisatin. The ovary is freely mobile
The right ovary measures 3.1 x 4.9 x 3.8 it contains 8 x natural follicles and a simple cyst that measures 3.5x2.7x 3.1 color Doppler imaging shows no unusual neovascularasiatio. With a resistance index of 0.65. The ovary is freely mobile.
There are no pelvic or adrenal masses seen
There is no free fluid in the pouch of Douglas.
I am writing your answer. Please wait for a few more minutes.
Thank you Belinda, for all the information,
This is normal position of the uterus. It is nothing to worry here.
It is bulky non gravid size measuring 11.6 x 4.1 x 6.3 The uterine outline is normal and the mayo metrical echo texture is normal 3d construction of the coronal plane shows a normal cavity shape There is a partial thickness mayo metrical defect at the level of the lower uterine segment, c section scar There is also a simple mayo metrical cyst at this site 6mm in diameter
Size of the uterus is a bit larger than normal. Non gravid means not pregnant. Outline is normal. Myometrium is muscle layer of uterus. Its texture is normal. The defect in the myometrium is the scar of C section. A cyst has been found but it is simple & small. Larger cyst can increase the risk of bleeding.
The endrometrium measures 13.4mm in thickness and is proliferative It is regular in outline with no evidence of a polyp
The proliferative stage of the endometrium is the time before ovulation. The thickness is usually less than 11mm in this period. The greater thickness can be due to hormonal effect.
The left ovary measures 4.4 x5.2 x2.5, it appears polycystic with at least 12 natural follicles as well as a dominant follicle which measures 15mm in diameter. There is also a simple cyst that measures 2.3x2.7x2.0 and an old corpus leteum. Clor Doppler shows no unusual neovascualarisatin. The ovary is freely mobile The right ovary measures 3.1 x 4.9 x 3.8 it contains 8 x natural follicles and a simple cyst that measures 3.5x2.7x 3.1 color Doppler imaging shows no unusual neovascularasiatio. With a resistance index of 0.65. The ovary is freely mobile.
There are multiple cysts in the ovary. So they have written polycystic. Difference of size is due to presence of multiple cysts. They can cause irregular bleeding. Oral contraceptives can be helpful in this condition. Neovascularisation is new blood vessel formation. It is good that there is no such. Other parameters are not significant.
There are no pelvic or adrenal masses seen There is no free fluid in the pouch of Douglas.
Free fluid can be present if there is an inflammation/ growth or tumor. Absence of free fluid is good. Absence of any mass or growth is also good.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.