Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

How much does a hemorrhoid bleed I am having some issues

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Have you been diagnosed with hemorrhoids? Have you seen doctor for this issue?
Do you have heavy bleeding and for how long?
Are you able to feel lump near anus?
Do you have pain while passing stool?
Do you have constipation?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

far as i know i dont have one just assuming.last saturday the toilet water was red and every couple days since i have had a little blood on toilet paper. but for years i have noticrd traced amounts but know it well be a thick amount of real red blood on the tissue like if i had a bloody nose and i can see some blood with the stool usually i only see it in theverend of it..i dont feel any s

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

also my left side of stomach hurt last week and it was 2 days since i had had to pass any stool.. buy i feel normal nothing hurts when i go to the bathroom but now this a week and it hasnt really stopped sometime when i go to the bathroom nothing no blood but the next day i well have some again

Dear Jay, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Well, hemorrhoids cane be associated with Bright red blood on toilet tissue, stool, or in the toilet bowl. Usually it is associated with other symptoms like-
-Anal itching
-Anal ache or pain, especially while sitting
-Pain during bowel movements
-One or more hard painful lumps near the anus.
Hemorrhoids having mild symptoms are treated with over-the-counter creams, ointments, suppositories.
Heavy bleeding can be associated with large hemorrhoids. They can be also be internal and may not be felt while passing stool.
Bleeding during bowel movements is the most common sign of hemorrhoids.
Other possible reasons for blood mixed with stool are-
-Inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease.
-Polyp
To make a diagnose you have to undergo these tests-
-Stool test,
-Par rectum examination,
-Complete blood count.
Also If required colonoscopy may be considered.
Please get it clinically evaluated from your doctor.
If the bleeding is quite severe then you should have an urgent evaluation in ER ASAP.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok well i am at a offsite remote work camp and i have three weeks to go .should i take off and hope on a plane too see the doc or can it wait another three weeks

Dear Jay, Thanks for asking follow up question.
I can understand your concern.
Well, if you have little bleed, then it can be ignored.
If this is occurring repeatedly while having bowel movements, then you should get it checked right away.
If you are bleeding heavily, many times, then please don't delay and get it checked ASAP.