Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have

Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have fever
Any specific symptoms--new ones?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No new symptoms. I feel the same way ive felt all week
How long have you had the fever and why did you think bladder infection?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I felt really warm earlier and so i took my temp. Like i said earlier was in er they said i have bladder infection
If it was a simple bladder infection why did they give you an intravenous cephalosporin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know
What were your symptoms? And did you have a fever in the ER?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to er cuz i was tachycardic. I had lower abdominal pain. Had slight fever in er
Elevated white count? And what did they say about the tachycardia?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As far as i know wbc was fine. They told me it could be fast because of an infection. They told me i could take another atenolol
Well, it's a bit of an overkill to use IV Rocephin for a simple bladder infection but they must have felt it was necessary and in that case, any infection that warrants IV antibiotics could easily cause a fever the next day or two. Just take some Tylenol if you'd like and let me know how you are in the morning, and, by the way, you owe me an accept
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Night
Later
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Today is going to be a long day. I was up at least 6 times last night. I kept waking up to hot spells.
Did you take any Tylenol?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did last night before i fell asleep
OK--we really don't need to dwell on this any more--fever's best treated with fluids and Tylenol.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know
Then we're just chatting again
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry
You keep saying that but you know the rules and you get angry every time I have to remind you. I just can't chat on this page when you didn't rate my answers on the other.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You told me to let you know how i was doing this morning so i did and you say its chatting
I left this page open just to see how you were but that's been done now. You know what I meant--you opened another page just to say you had a fever, and we'd actually talked about the fever on the other page, along with several other things. I could have chosen not to respond to this new "question," but that's not my style
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im sorry ok? I wont talk to you anymore until wednesday. Will that make you happy
It's not that I don't want to talk to and to help you and I know money's a factor here, but I can't just keep responding to you on page after page without an occasional rating--I can't seem to get you to understand that. And I would say exactly the same thing to any other customer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I DO usually rate you
Yes, but then you start a page like this one where you must have known I wouldn't have anything substantial to say about the fever when we had already discussed it previously
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Then just close this stupid page
No problem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just so you know i AM sorry
No need to apologize
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you hate me
Of course not. You're way too sensitive if you think that when I'm a little stern with you that I hate you. That is a great example of how you think you need to make others happy by saying and doing everything they want you to say and do. And it's also why you apologize so easily even when there's nothing to apologize for
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just dont want you to hate me because you are the only one that listens to me and tries to help me
Rest assured, I don't hate you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Anything you wanna know
Not really
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you even want to know how my appt goes on wednesday
Which one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
With the mayo dr
Well, let me know how it goes when Wednesday comes around
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ill let youknow what my gastrin level is
OK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If i upped the lorazepam back to .5 mg bud if i decide to stop taking it is it ok to just stop
Would be better to taper it over a week or so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How?
Well, first you shouldn't change the dose from what your doctor's prescribed and second I'm not allowed to tell you how to wean it--that needs to be under your doctor's direction
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She told me when it stopped making me feel sedated i could go back up to the .5
Well, do you think you need to go up on the dose?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went up to the .5 two nights ago
OK--if you decide to get off it it'll take a taper.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You dont agree with me taking it do you
You're right. But before you say it, it's what your doctor prescribed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But the dr the rxd me it is the same
Woman that in her note she states i overeat
I just don't agree that you need it and I would not have prescribed it for you and in her case she needed to give you great therapy instead of just trying to put a bandaid over a wound to hide it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont have as many anxiety attacks since i started it
I just wouldn't have prescribed it and by the way, this kind of medication is only suggested as a treatment for anxiety on a short-term basis--maybe a month at the most.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know im suppose to take it until i see her again thats not for 6 weeks
Just giving you the facts and my opinion--we don't need to beat a dead horse here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What can you help me with
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you help me with any of my problems
Well, I've been trying that for months and have given you some thoughts and homework and guidelines, but, again, it's much more effective with face to face therapy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Maybe if i had a good therapist
Hopefully the one at the Mayo will do the trick. Listen, we need to close for now--not asking for a rating or anything but I have to be away. Get back to me on Wednesday
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1060 calories :)
Great--keep up the good work
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It makes me feel good about myself when you say that
I'm glad
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im not quite sure whats so wrong today but im strongly considering doing something dumb :(
Can't really go there as you know. And this is a new subject and we really are finished with this page.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just need someone to tell me ill be ok
You still owe me a rating on the other page. I can say you'll be OK but we really can't go on with this because of the way you introduced it above.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You really wont help me
I can but not on something where you mentioned you know what and you know that. We can talk about something else
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But i opened a new page
I just got it--I responded to you there.