Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have

fever...
Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have fever
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Any specific symptoms--new ones?
No new symptoms. I feel the same way ive felt all week
How long have you had the fever and why did you think bladder infection?
I felt really warm earlier and so i took my temp. Like i said earlier was in er they said i have bladder infection
If it was a simple bladder infection why did they give you an intravenous cephalosporin?
I dont know
What were your symptoms? And did you have a fever in the ER?
I went to er cuz i was tachycardic. I had lower abdominal pain. Had slight fever in er
Elevated white count? And what did they say about the tachycardia?
As far as i know wbc was fine. They told me it could be fast because of an infection. They told me i could take another atenolol
Well, it's a bit of an overkill to use IV Rocephin for a simple bladder infection but they must have felt it was necessary and in that case, any infection that warrants IV antibiotics could easily cause a fever the next day or two. Just take some Tylenol if you'd like and let me know how you are in the morning, and, by the way, you owe me an accept
Night
Later
Today is going to be a long day. I was up at least 6 times last night. I kept waking up to hot spells.
Did you take any Tylenol?
I did last night before i fell asleep
OK--we really don't need to dwell on this any more--fever's best treated with fluids and Tylenol.
I know
Then we're just chatting again
Sorry
You keep saying that but you know the rules and you get angry every time I have to remind you. I just can't chat on this page when you didn't rate my answers on the other.
You told me to let you know how i was doing this morning so i did and you say its chatting
I left this page open just to see how you were but that's been done now. You know what I meant--you opened another page just to say you had a fever, and we'd actually talked about the fever on the other page, along with several other things. I could have chosen not to respond to this new "question," but that's not my style
Im sorry ok? I wont talk to you anymore until wednesday. Will that make you happy
It's not that I don't want to talk to and to help you and I know money's a factor here, but I can't just keep responding to you on page after page without an occasional rating--I can't seem to get you to understand that. And I would say exactly the same thing to any other customer.
I DO usually rate you
but then you start a page like this one where you must have known I wouldn't have anything substantial to say about the fever when we had already discussed it previously
Then just close this stupid page
No problem
Just so you know i AM sorry
No need to apologize
Do you hate me
Of course not. You're way too sensitive if you think that when I'm a little stern with you that I hate you. That is a great example of how you think you need to make others happy by saying and doing everything they want you to say and do. And it's also why you apologize so easily even when there's nothing to apologize for
I just dont want you to hate me because you are the only one that listens to me and tries to help me
Rest assured, I don't hate you
Anything you wanna know
Not really
Do you even want to know how my appt goes on wednesday
Which one?
With the mayo dr
Well, let me know how it goes when Wednesday comes around
Ill let youknow what my gastrin level is
OK
If i upped the lorazepam back to .5 mg bud if i decide to stop taking it is it ok to just stop
Would be better to taper it over a week or so.
How?
Well, first you shouldn't change the dose from what your doctor's prescribed and second I'm not allowed to tell you how to wean it--that needs to be under your doctor's direction
She told me when it stopped making me feel sedated i could go back up to the .5
Well, do you think you need to go up on the dose?
I went up to the .5 two nights ago
OK--if you decide to get off it it'll take a taper.
You dont agree with me taking it do you
You're right. But before you say it, it's what your doctor prescribed
But the dr the rxd me it is the same
Woman that in her note she states i overeat
I just don't agree that you need it and I would not have prescribed it for you and in her case she needed to give you great therapy instead of just trying to put a bandaid over a wound to hide it.
I dont have as many anxiety attacks since i started it
I just wouldn't have prescribed it and by the way, this kind of medication is only suggested as a treatment for anxiety on a short-term basis--maybe a month at the most.
I know im suppose to take it until i see her again thats not for 6 weeks
Just giving you the facts and my opinion--we don't need to beat a dead horse here.
What can you help me with
What do you mean?
Can you help me with any of my problems
Well, I've been trying that for months and have given you some thoughts and homework and guidelines, but, again, it's much more effective with face to face therapy
Maybe if i had a good therapist
Hopefully the one at the Mayo will do the trick. Listen, we need to close for now--not asking for a rating or anything but I have to be away. Get back to me on Wednesday
1060 calories :)
Great--keep up the good work
It makes me feel good about myself when you say that
I'm glad
Im not quite sure whats so wrong today but im strongly considering doing something dumb :(
Can't really go there as you know. And this is a new subject and we really are finished with this page.
I just need someone to tell me ill be ok
You still owe me a rating on the other page. I can say you'll be OK but we really can't go on with this because of the way you introduced it above.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
You really wont help me
I can but not on something where you mentioned you know what and you know that. We can talk about something else
But i opened a new page
I just got it--I responded to you there.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)