Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Around 1pm today I took half of an 800mg, so approx 400mg,

Around 1pm today I took half of an 800mg, so approx 400mg, Skelaxin that was prescribed to me for a muscle strain. Then, forgetting this I took 50mg of diphenhydramine around 11pm. I know they were spaced apart about 10 hours but was wondering if this was ok as it made me nervous when I had remembered about taking the Skelaxin.

Do you have currently any symptoms now?

Nausea,vomiting,drowsiness?

Dizziness?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just slight drowsiness which didn't occur until after taking the diphenhydramine, and I know it's a normal side effect of this medication.

I understand your concern about drug interaction between both of medications.

And using diphenhydramine together with Skelaxin(metaxalone) may increase side effects such as dizziness,drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating,some impairment in thinking and judgment.

So and currently you are not having associated symptoms then you should watch for such symptoms in next few hours.

It's good to hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and take some stimulant like coffee,eat frequent small meals.

Also monitor your blood pressure as well.

Avoid driving,watching TV and take proper rest.

You should tell to your family member about your medications as well so that they can lookafter you as well.

If you feel severe dizziness,weakness then consult your doctor or visit ER ASAP for prompt management.

I hope I've provided
the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please
provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help
you. Thank you.