Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Cornu of the Hyoid bone or lymph node? Can a lymph node on

Cornu of the Hyoid bone...
Cornu of the Hyoid bone or lymph node?
Can a lymph node on one side of the neck right below the angle of the mandible be pushed to move the the corresponding lymph node on the other side? there are two hard small lumps on that area right below the angle of the mandible and i can push them back and forth and they respond. what am I feeling
I've only been able to find some other lymph nodes on my neck and those can only found by pinching the skin on my neck and they are very small and almost un-noticable.
The picture labeled "Figure 6" on this webpage shows a picture of the area I'm talking about. The area labeled "4".
http://www.nysora.com/peripheral_nerve_blocks/head_and_neck_block/3049-regional-topical-anesthesia-endotracheal-intubation.html
(Halfway down the page)
I know I'm doing the self diagnosing thing again but this is really the last issue I have. I just found out a family member is sick a few days ago and can't help checking out some things. thanks
7/1/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

Can you pick up lumps?

Dr. Saha :

Do they move only when pushed on the other side of the neck?

Customer:

Hi Doctor, I can't pick up the lumps. they are hard to feel unless pushed from one side. I also just probed a little to the inside of one of the bumps and it seems to be attached to bone further in.... if that makes sense.

Dr. Saha :

Then it is likely to be the cartilage of hyoid bone.

Dr. Saha :

As lymph node can be picked up usually & can not be pushed from the other side.

Customer:

so it's impossible to be pushed directly from side to side corresponding to each other? okay.. I just probed my mothers neck and she seems to have the same thing

Customer:

impossible for lymph nodes that is

Customer:

I was just worried because it was hard and I heard hard lymph nodes are not good

Dr. Saha :

Yes. Lymph node will move when you push locally unless it gets fixed.

Dr. Saha :

You need not to worry.

Customer:

thank you doctor. i think i'm good for now.

Customer:

take care

Dr. Saha :

It does not feel like lymph node.

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Customer:

same to you

Dr. Saha :

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)