Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Im sorry that sometimes

Im sorry that im A snot...
Im sorry that im
A snot sometimes
6/30/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Well, the problems are that you go on an on on one page--multiple questions and not really agreeing with the answers, and saying yes, but a lot and sometimes asking me to do the impossible. Otherwise, no problem
I am sorry
That's OK but try not doing it any more.
Ok. The ativan makes me feel dazed all day
Like I said, I really don't think you need it and obviously not during the day
Do i call my psychiatrist and let her know? Can i just stop it
to the first part. There should be no harm in stopping but I'm not allowed to tell you to do so.
Ok. I meet with the dietician person tomorrow
Good
Is it possible that stopping the reflux meds could make my stomach hurt worse.
No
My stomach hurts worse though
Let's not chat--that isn't because you stopped the meds
Then from
What? Ill drop it after
This
You still have ongoing gastritis and an ulcer. End of story
Ok. Can we talk about the abuse
OK but be specific, work a little with me without any one liners, and accept what I say
Im
Having a really hard time with the fact that i didnt tell
Anyone when it was happening. My dad told me i could. But i still didnt. Because of that fact it really is hard believing that it is not my fault since
I could have told someone and it would have stopped
Who exactly do you think you should have told? When exactly did your dad say your could and are we talking about what he did?
I shoulda told a teacher or something. As my dad was screwing me he said i could tell. That hed get in trouble but he wouldnt be mad
Well, haven't you heard about all the boys--now men--that have only recently come out and discussed what was done to them by Catholic priests? They now aren't saying that they felt they were at fault but they were embarrassed and worried about challenging the power of the priests.
I have heard about them. But i honestly feel its my fault
Stop with that please--it just says that you are totally unwilling to let go of that or to consider my points. I'm a bit tired of trying to work with you and all I get is something like, "Yes, but that doesn't change the way I feel."
I seem to be pissing you off
No, but it's a waste of both our times if you just won't work with me.
I am trying to work with you
Not really--you haven't given me any good reason as yet why you think it's your fault. And I'm not talking about whether you told anybody about it or the fact that you "let" it go on.
I just feel like its my fault because i jept putting myself in the position to let it happen. And that i never put up a fight. And i let them do things to me
That doesn't help here--so did the young men that were abused by the priests but they haven't said they felt it was their fault. All you're doing right now is repeating yourself over and over without trying to argue with yourself against those thoughts
Thats not fair to say. I have tried telling myself its not my fault but i have never been able to believe it
That's because you don't want to believe it and that is wrapped up in your self-esteem problem. Even if all this hadn't happened, you'd still blame yourself for mistakes and bad things that happened in the past.
If it was just one person who screwed me i would be able to get over it. The fact that it was 4 different people screwing me and violating ne with objects is what makes it hard to get over it
You're not really working with me here--you act as though you didn't consider what I just said
I did consider what you just said. Im just having a hard time with it
even though I can tell you and give you examples of how this happens often with this kind of problem and yet other's don't blame themselves, we're basically back to assuming that you're the different one--that you are the only one that is totally at fault for what happened.
I never said that. Just forget i ven asked to talk about this
You can sit there and think that i am being difficult or i just dont want to work on it but your wrong. You dont know anything about it
Why did that suddenly get you angry--very important that you think about this for a minute and give me a detailed answer.
Because you dont think i work on this. I work on this everyday
That really didn't comment on why what I said made you mad and it isn't because you thought I was saying you don't work on this. And, like I always point out in my groups, if what you thought I was saying--that I was saying you don't work on this--isn't true, then there's no reason for you to get angry about that.
Im not going to friken argue with you right now
basically you don't want to work on this? That's fine but we're aren't going to get anywhere whenever you take that attitude.
I do want to work on this
Then why be so difficult? Why get mad and try to take all your marbles and go home?
Because its what ive always done
Well, time to stop that and stop just doing the same old thing. Again, why exactly do you think you got mad at me?
I honestly dont know
Well, why should anyone get angry if someone says something about them that's totally wrong?
They wouldnt be itd be foolish
OK--so we only get angry when we think they're right and we don't like what they're saying about us?
Pretty much
Well, my point is that I hit a nerve--part of you deep inside knows that you aren't the one at fault here but if you admit that you crush all the blaming you've done on yourself for all these years
I know deep down uts not my fault. I coulda walked in front if them naked and it wouldnt have been my fault
Good--and that's the part we need to bring to the surface and embrace it
I feel ashamed
Why?
Idk how to explain it. I just feelmashamed that it happened I feel like im a dirty person Like since ive been used by so many noone is ever going to cherish my body
There are plenty of men out there that wouldn't think twice about your past
I dont think so. Marty knows some of my past and he gets mad when iwont let him do things they did. And he says that im f**ked up because id let them donit but not my own fiancé
Get off of Marty and what he says and what he thinks--he's not a decent guy and I don't really care about his opinions. And he's one to talk.
Im
Being serious.
About what?
About men. I think men are ucky
I don't understand--where are we going with this?
When is the touch of a guy not goung to freak me out
Once you've worked through all of this and bolstered your self esteem. And for now you need a man or two who are just friends.
I have a coworker whos a guy who is a friend. But even when he gives me a hug i just want to escape from the sutuation
It'll take time and work but you'll get over that
Do you promise? How do i work on it
I promise and again you have to share all that we've talked about with the proper therapist and work on the self esteem thing
Do you think im pathetic
Not at all, and I have some good friends that have been through even more than you have and are doing just fine now.
Ok. So im not a dirty person
Not at all
Are my dad and brother icky people
What exactly do you mean by icky?
Like gross and disgusting
Well, from what you've told me they both have some definite major problems but I'm not going to judge them because I don't know them. Almost everyone I've met has some good points and potential for being a good person, so I don't really judge
Ok
Anything more for now?
Will sex ever be enjoyable
I promise that in time, with the right man, it will be
Im sorry for asking stupid questions
None of them were stupid
What can i do to make sex more enjoyable
For right now, nothing--at least not with Marty and if you have a problem with a man giving you a friendly hug then it's going to take some work
No suggestions at all
You mean with Marty?
With anybody
OK--let me ask you an important question--are you talking about enjoying sex with someone with whom you don't have an intimate relationship?
I wouldnt have sex with someone i didnt have an intimate relationship with
OK--don't get upset with me here, but in my opinion--and I've had a lot of experience here--you just aren't anywhere near ready or probably capable of having that intimate relationship. Sorry to have to say that, but not until you can work on yourself and get through a lot of what we've talked about can you possibly have the ability to give and accept all that an intimate relationship entails.
Wow. Whatever
Whatever is never an appropriate comment
You kinda hurt my feelings
No, I just told you something you needed to hear and I'm treating you exactly like I would treat a good friend if she were in the same situation. It's not the end of the world but I've been trying time and again to get through to you that you have a lot of work to do and if you do it you'll be fine. But I'm not going to sugar coat things and tell you what isn't the case right now.
Is it my fault mine and martys relationship didnt work because i cant be intimate with him? Be honest. Do you consider me to be a friend
you're my friend and let's not use the word fault here--I can't see a damn thing without my glasses, but I don't consider that my fault. But if I didn't wear them and tried to drive a car, most likely I'd wreck and it would be just plain silly for me to try. You need my glasses to be able to see more clearly. As for Marty, I'd tell him exactly what I've told you if, say, I were his sponsor in AA or NA
Do normal people have sex with people they arent in an intimate relationship with
Happens all the time but most people--especially women--will tell you it just isn't that great an experience
I just want a relationship where i never have to have sex. Because sex isnt fun and it hurts
Well sex is a part of any intimate relationship but like I told you you can get to the point where sex is enjoyable. We've covered a lot of territory today so it's time to close this page
Last questions. Do you think i can find a relationship without sex? And do you think pain with sex is just psychological
If you actually have a lot of pain, then obviously that isn't psychological and if you haven't discussed that with your gynecologist you should. It is possible to find a relationship like that, but most men--even the good ones--would want to have sex as part of it.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Is it possible for someone to get punched in the kindey area hard enough to cause damage
Here we go with the enigmatic questions again. Yes--broken ribs, kidney contusion, possibly even a kidney fracture or a liver tear
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)