How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31182
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I am a 35 year old male. I have noticed these signs and

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am a 35 year old male. I have noticed these signs and are wondering what's wrong: trouble seeing others views, sad, I don't understand what I need to do to fix my marriage; I think it's fixed already, moods switch quickly, once I'm angry I stay angry, had an affair, don't give credit where credits due, too high of expectations and don't understand why people can't achieve what I do, I am VERY prideful, I ignore family members.
Hi--can I ask whether you've seen a psychologist or psychiatrist about this or, if not, if you've considered seeing one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not.
OK--how long have you been like this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
3 years, about.
And before that, none of these traits or problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess just the pride stuff.
OK--can you tell me more about what you meant about your moods switching?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can be in a good mood, and then something insignificant sets me off and I get angry and stay that way.
OK. The good thin here is that you recognize a problem and seem to want to do something about it. It doesn't sound go me that we're dealing with a personality disorder or with something like bipolar disorder. I was considering narcissistic personality disorder but if this has only been going on for three years it doesn't sound like that exactly. It sounds like the major problem is your anger and I think you'd benefit from seeing a psychologist that specializes in anger management.
Dr. Chip and other Health Specialists are ready to help you