Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

It wont effect my heart if i skip the metoprolol tonight I

It wont effect my heart if i skip the metoprolol tonight I have been taking it like this for a long time. I think about 4 or 5 months. Could it have done any damage to my heart. I have had shortness of breath while doing some things. Is it bad to exercise this weekend after having done this.
/
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I will address your concerns separately.

Does it effect your heart if you skip it tonight?

No it will not. It takes quite long to do a damage. Skipping one dosage will not effect you.

Could it have done any damage to my heart?

Exact situation can be assessed with EKG at least but so far as per your symptoms i really don't see any problem.

I have had shortness of breath while doing some things. Is it bad to exercise this weekend after having done this.

You can exercise till you don't feel any shortness of breath, you should just do moderate exercise. When you feel short of breath, just stop it. Shortness of breath while doing works can be due to your previous medical problems, it's not necessary to have this due to metoprolol succinate. So don't stress yourself till you see your doctor. You just need to do one thing and that is monitoring of your blood pressure daily. I wish you all the best that you remain healthy, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.