A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a small lump under my bottom eye lid on the left hand

Customer Question

I have a small lump under my bottom eye lid on the left hand side...... It doesn't hurt I only felt it today whilst washing my makeup off...... The eye twitches quite a lot no other symptoms
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is ***** ***** I will help you.

This may just be a developing stye. You can try applying a warm washcloth for a few minutes every few hours. It should come to a head and burst on its own within 24-48 hours. It may itch during that time. The twitching is just a reflex indicating something not accustomed to being there has appeared.

it is certainly nothing serious. But if it doesn't disappear on its own by the first of the week, you may want to check with your medical provider.

It is best to avoidd eye makeup in the meanwhile.

Please let me know if you have questions.

All the best,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've ha a sty before but this is actually where my eye bags are internally

It may still be a tiny infection. It should resolve in just a couple of days with no problem. Unless their is pain there is no need to see a provider before Monday. It isn't really possible to say what it is without an examination, but little lumps and bumps that appear out of nowhere overnight are rarely of any significance.

These can be from just about anything including minor trauma such as a flake of mascara irritating the sensitive tissue when removing makeup.

All the best,

Schuyler

ξ