Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

This has happend 3 rimes in the last month. I'm fine and

This has happend 3 rimes...
This has happend 3 rimes in the last month. I'm fine and then -BOOM - I get dizzy - it's the same feeling you get when you're so drunk you need to lay on the bed a put on foot on the floor to keep the room from spinning. (I don't drink - I just remember the drunk/dizzy from college days) It is followed by a few minutes of nausa. Then my arms and chest feel like there has been ice water injected into my blood stream. This can last up to 15 20 minutes. In the past I had a CT scan where the iodine is injected and it causes the sensation of heat flooding through your limbs - it feels the same, except instead of heat, its freezing. This is freakin me out. I'm 59
6/21/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Do you know your blood pressure and pulse?
Do you take any medicine?
Is there any recent change in work and environment?

I think my blood pressure is okay. I can usually tell when it is high because my head will hurt. I take BP Lotel 5/20 and thyroid 75mg. No change in work.

Thank you for the information,
Dizzy feeling can be due to a few causes.
Dehydration, fall or changes of blood pressure, low glucose etc can cause it.
But when it is associated with a feeling of ice in the chest & arm, you need to rule out any heart issue.
Though angina or ischemia of heart is associated with pain, but there can be a feeling of pressure or discomfort from it.
That can be associated with dizzy feeling.
It can also be the symptom of a neurological cause like transient ischemic attack, cerebellar diseases.
Sometimes those may occur from anxiety or stress.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo can be associated with a dizzy feeling.
I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
You can need different tests such as EKG, blood tests, scan etc. depending on the physical examination by doctor.
Treatment would then follow accordingly
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)