Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

How does it usually take your body to recover and be back to

how long does it usually take your body to recover and be back to normal after having abdominal surgery / removal of lap band? when does your body start losing weight naturally with eating right and excercise again and stop bloating on and off?

Recovery time from this surgery is about 4 weeks.

You will usually be allowed to go back to work by 10 days, unless work is strenuous.

You will progress from a liquid to semi-solid to solid diet according to your doctor's instructions.

Weight loss will start after about a month following a strict schedule of proper diet and exercise.

Wish you the best.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.