How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34647
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did urinalysis and the resul showed coliform in my urine,

This answer was rated:

I did urinalysis and the resul showed coliform in my urine, what is the best antibiotics for this?
how can I treat a persistent yeast infection?

Hello Chinonye ,

I am Dr. Arun and I would be helping you today.

Did your culture test show E. coli infection.
Do you have vaginal yeast infection?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Hello Chinonye,

A culture test usually tells about the best antibiotic which is most efficacious. Ciprofloxacin, Co-trimaxazole, Gentamicin are the best antibiotic to treat it.

Some women experience chronic recurrent vulvovaginitis (chronic yeast infection), which often require long-term or prophylactic oral azole therapy for control. So for that, the recommended regimen is fluconazole 150 mg every other day for 3 doses, followed by weekly fluconazole 150-200 mg for 6 months. This regimen abate the symptoms and prevents further recurrence in majority of women.


Boric acid wash for vagina can be used in resistant cases, as an alternative measure with the consultation of your physician. A specific culture; Nickerson or Sabouraud mediums should be performed in refractory or recurrent cases of vaginal candidiasis to confirm the infection. So you can talk to your doctor to get this culture before you start the treatment.


Women who do not improve with above can use, clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal suppositories administered once per week for six months which is also effective.


Also avoid (if you do) following;


1) panty liners,

2) pantyhose,

3) sexual lubricants

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.


We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

If I understood correctly

1) fluconazole 150 mg every day for 3 doses

2) followed by fluconazole 150 mg every month for 6 months



clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal suppositories administered once per week for six months.


Then for E.Coli - Ciprofloxacin, Co-trimaxazole, Gentamicin.



Yes, Chinonye

This is absolutely correct.

It is privilege assisting you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 7 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions