How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17817
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For the past few months I been have sore throats and sometime

This answer was rated:

For the past few months I been have sore throats and sometime swollen glands. At one point the pain was really bad and my doctor was closed so I went to a clinic and was given the zpak, within a day or two I felt much better. Now its a month later and the sore throat is back again. I can feel the tenderness with the tongue if I move it around, I also keep getting canker sores. This is about the 4th time I have a sore throat in 3 months. Any thoughts on what I should do. I feel fine otherwise and do not have fever etc.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How many times and for how many days did you take antibiotic?

Did you have any test?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took a strep test was negative and zpak was 5 days.

Hello Audra,

Thank you for the information,

Repeated attacks of sore throat can be from different organisms each time.

Both bacteria and virus can be responsible for it.

As Z pack helped, it could be a bacterial infection.

You will need repeat throat swab test, culture and sensitivity test, blood count.

If bacterial infection is detected, then antibiotic can be chosen according to the sensitivity result.

Doctor may decide to continue antibiotics more than 5 days according to examination and test results.

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor again.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should I go to a ENT or a General doctor?

If it takes time to get an appointment with an ENT doctor, then you can consult with a general doctor.

Take plenty of fruits and vegetables to boost immunity.
Dr. Saha and 6 other Health Specialists are ready to help you