Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I have a pimple on the inside of my bottom eyelid. It is not

I have a pimple on the inside of my bottom eyelid. It is not on the edge but deep inside. I have to pull down my eyelid to see it, I can see the whitehead. What should I do? Will it heal on its own?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Is it painful?

Fever?

Since how long it has been there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not extremely painfull, I can tell its there though more irritating than painfull. and my bottom eyelid is a little swollen. I have no fever, its been there for about 2 days

Thank you very much for the useful information Jeremy.

Most likely this is "Stye" which is a condition in which there infection of the base of eye lashes.

Since the lid is also some what swollen, it seems that there is also ongoing inflammation and this needs to be treated at earliest.

You would require a clinical examination and prescription drugs (antibiotics) most probably to treat this so do not delay an appointment with the eye doctor ASAP.

At home following measures will help.

Washing the eye frequently with ample amount of water.

Use optivar or acular eye drops to control the irritation, itching as well as swelling.

Oral ibuprofen will help reduce not only the pain but also its anti-inflammatory effect will reduce the swelling.

Keep yourself adequately hydrated and get this examined/evaluated soon so that a specific and targeted management plan is instituted that suits best to your needs.

I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this does not sound serious at all. It is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have insurance or a primary care doctor, however money isn't an issue here. There is an urgent care near me is this something they can help me with there?

Yes.

Definitely they would be of great help. Please proceed.

Goodluck.

Kindest Regards.