Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

hallo, I wish to know if by taking Gotu Kola herb whilst also

hallo, I wish to know if by taking Gotu Kola herb whilst also on medication of Epanutin 150mg daily and Mysolin 250mg daily if this does any harm?

Hello Rhoda,

My name isXXXXX and I will be helping you today.

Gotu Kola enhances the central nervous system depression and thus may cause sedation and impair the decision making capacity when taken with Mysoline. Gotu kola does not have any drug interaction with Epanutin.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, the herb gotu kola , although making [ when taking mysolin] maybe desision slower, does not actually do any harm?

Hello Rhoda,

Yes, it may not harm but impairs the decision making and cause sedation.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun