Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am 36 weeks pregnant and know that I should be sleeping on

I am 36 weeks pregnant and know that I should be sleeping on my left side. Well it's to the point that I et really tired in that position. I heard that sleeping on the right side can compromise blood flow to my unborn son. I was wondering if it was dangerous to sleep on my right side when I can no longer remain on my left side?
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer.

I am Dr. Phophalia and would assist you today.

No, it is not dangerous to sleep on your right side. There is no truth that sleeping on the right side would compromise blood flow to your unborn son.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.