Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I am experiencing a dark discharge on my tampon. My cycle is

I am experiencing a dark discharge on my tampon. My cycle is due around the 20tj is this normal
Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Are you getting it the whole day?

Dr. R. Bora :

What is your age?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please enter the chat.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello, are you there?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please enter the chat.

Dr. R. Bora :

Are you there?

Dr. R. Bora :

Since you are not replying, I am getting into the question and answer format.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
37 just started. I have had this the past few months
Thanks.

The dark vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a dark , rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. What you are seeing now is the late exit.

Since you have been getting it for quite sometime now, you should get an ultrasound of the uterus and the ovaries to see if there is any abnormality like ovarian cysts or even an uterine or cervical polyp that could be responsible for your symptom.

However, if by any chance you had a medical abortion, the discharge could be from that . So, the clinical history is important.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does that mean it could be cancerous? It sounds bad
No. I did not mean that.

I have already explained what it could be. Cancer of the uterus or other organs usually do not produce such symptoms.

As I said, ovarian cysts or even an uterine or cervical polyp that could be responsible for your symptom.
However, if by any chance you had a medical abortion, the discharge could be from that .

I hope my answer has helped you.

Thanks for the accept.
I would suggest that you get an ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries to detect any of these abnormalities that could be responsible for your symptom.

Good luck!