Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

can you proceed with major surgery while having shingles

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Which major surgery you are going to have? Since how long you have shingles and what are you current symptoms? Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hemicolectomy shingles came 6th june blisters here but noscabs yet

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. It's not advisable to proceed for surgery while having shingles. Shingles appear or gets activated when the immunity is low. Blisters means that you have active infection. Proceeding with surgery will further lower down your immunity. Please contact your doctor and inform him about shingles and in my opinion it's best to delay surgery for few weeks if possible. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.