Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have a red on my thigh that appeared a few weeks ago. The

Customer Question
I have a red mark...
I have a red mark on my thigh that appeared a few weeks ago. The past week or so, I have had pain and tingling sensations all over that leg and foot as well. It is getting really uncomfortable and I don't know what to do. Am waiting for my blood test results back currently, but hope they are not too late. When I showed the red mark to my doctor, she said she had not seen anything like it before. Please help!
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Health
6/5/2013
Health Professional: Dr. German, Doctor (MD) replied 4 years ago
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, what you should do is going to the emergency so you can be reevaluated immediately .
You were probably bitten by a tick ,some of these ticks are vectors and transmit other bacterial infections when they bite the patient like Borrelia . The patient first develops that red rash or mark ,later on , they could develop additional symptoms depending of what body organ or system the bacteria is invading.
In most cases ,when doctors do not have the initial blood results , they give the patient antibiotics like doxycycline , cefuroxime or amoxicilline to treat the infectious process avoiding further complications .
The treatment could last 2-3 weeks.
They will also need to investigate other medical conditions like the presence of a peripheral neuropathy ( in this condition ,the peripheral nerve roots become swollen ,inflamed or irritated ), neurological diseases specially those ones triggered by an attack of the immune cells against your normal nerve cells , toxins ,a metabolic or endocrine disorders like diabetes or porphyria in which there is an accumulation of a chemical product called porphyrin .
In case , there is an over-reaction of the immune system against the nerve cells , other medications will be used like corticosteroids for a short period of time.
Please do not wait more time , go to the emergency so you can be evaluated and treated immediately.
If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !
Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Dr. German
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)