Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I got a blocked right ear and I can not hear very well and I

hi I got a blocked...
hi I got a blocked right ear and I can not hear very well and I got a hearing aid aswell what can I do I can not c a doctor till next wed
6/5/2013
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Greetings Joyce Spencer.

The blocked ear is commonly due to ear wax. This can be softened by the mineral oil / baby oil or hydrogen peroxide. A two drops of any of it twice a day for five days would soften the wax. Once this is softened, you may drip luke warm water in the ear by the dropper. Tilting the head would remove the wax from the ear. Please read the detailed procedure in this authentic resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/earwax-blockage/DS00052/DSECTION=lifestyle-and-home-remedies

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)