Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am feeling wiggling sensations in the palms of my hands

and feet and also in...
I am feeling wiggling sensations in the palms of my hands and feet and also in my stomache and genital area. Could this be a parasite or stress or dehyration? I is a constant feeling that i have been dealing with for the last week. I've also had urine, blood, and stool work done to reveal nothing. Please help nurse Milli!?!?!?
6/4/2013
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Hi there and thanks for the request.
Are you currently taking any medications or have you been diagnosed with any medical problems?

Only with a UTI and i am currently taking ciprofloxacin hcl 500 mg tab. I was diagnosed with this after my symtoms started

Ok thanks. So you're having these sensations after starting Cipro?

no before

Hi and thanks for clarifying that for me.

In some cases, the sensations of 'wiggling' feelings coule be related to an issue with mineral or vitamin deficiency...sometimes B12. However, it could also be directly related to anxiety or stress. Also, often times, the wiggling sensations or the feeling of buzzing, vibrations or other unexplained feelings could also be nerve related. Even MS can cause these strange feelings. Extensive blood work and physical exam will have to be performed if this continues to rule out such a diagnosis.

what is MS?

And I also have experienced a couple of anxiety attacks just from being overly concerened.

Im sorry nurse Milli for spacing outmy questions so much but i want to make sure you know everything tht's going on with me. I saw a dermatologist who also diagnosed me with athletes feet

MS is an abbreviation for Multiple Sclerosis. This disease attacks the nervous system (hence why the patient has the feeling of 'wiggling' or other nerve-related feelings). But again, blood tests would have to be done as well as imaging and physical exam to determine the exact cause. But to answer your orginal question, I do not think it is a parasite. Stress or anxiety possibly but not a parasite. Even sometimes with stress, whenever a person perceives themselves as having a weird sensation, the more the peson will focus in on it. This then causes a viscious cycle.
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Hi Dr. Milli, I'm glad you followed up with me on my question. I have to inform you that I do indeed have an intestinal parasite. Two days ago I actually caught the specimen when it woke me out of my sleep. The pathologists are still trying to identify the type of worm it is so that I can be treated. It is most definitely domestic though. I have not been out of the country my entire life but I do work transportation for the city of Dallas and am in contact with thousands of poeple everyday. I feel that you should know what's going on so that if the next patient comes to you with theses symptoms you will be able to further assist them. Don't worry, I appreciated all of your help and I do under stand that there was no way for you to be familiar with this case if you had never encountered one like it before because you weren't the only doctor who couldn't diagnose me correctly. As soon as I find out what type of parasite it is I will inform you if you'd like me to.
that would be great.
Thank you for the follow up.
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)