Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Is it safe to take xanax if I drank a shakeology shake

Is it safe to take xanax if I drank a shakeology shake today? (the label on the bottle mentioned something about diet supplements, shakeology is more like a meal replacement)...

I can appreciate your concern.

Yes, it would be quite safe.

The problem with such nutritional supplements and other alternative supplements is that they are not well researched scientifically, and so the interactions with drugs are not known.

But the ingredients of the Shakeology supplement would not react in general with Xanax.

But do also discuss with your doctor once - it is always advisable to discuss with the prescribing doctor when taking any supplement along with a prescription drug.

Take care.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.