Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

MY BLOOD PRESURE IS FAIRLY NORMAL WHEN THE TEST IS ON MY

MY BLOOD PRESURE IS FAIRLY NORMAL WHEN THE TEST IS ON MY ARM.
BUT THE TEST ON MY ANKLE IS VERY VERY HIGH

Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied,if there is a big difference between your ankle and arm blood pressure , You should be evaluated immediately .

This usually occurs when your leg arteries are extremely hardened and stiff with fat deposits , calcification and subsequent inflammation .

These fat deposits block and decrease your leg blood flow ,it could be related to different conditions including : older age ,diabetes ,obesity ,high cholesterol, cardiovascular and /or kidney disease.

This condition is treated with a combination of :

1- Medications to lower your cholesterol blood levels if they are elevated

2- Losing weight if you are overweight or obese

3-Cilostazol or pentoxifylline to increase and improve your leg blood flow

4- If they find high sugar blood levels ,they will give you medications to regulate your glucose blood levels

5- Medications to prevent the formation of leg blood clots

6- A healthy diet rich in fruits ,vegetables and grains low in fat and a good exercise plan

7- In severe cases , surgery could be necessary to improve leg blood circulation

8- If you smoke, stop smoking is vital

You could consult an Internal Medicine Specialist or begin with your regular Family Doctor to have a proper medical evaluation and receive immediate treatment .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.