Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Bumps on the shaft and the surface of the crotch

Customer Question
i haven't had sex for...
i haven't had sex for the past 7 years till just recently. i've been with one partner over the past few weeks 3x and used a condom every single time. however, i've noticed 4 small bumps on my shaft & also one on the surface of my crotch near the bottom of my shaft. i may need to also say that for the first time ever, i shaved my genitals after the 2nd time i had sex with her and thats when it seems like they appeared. i've yet to get a recent test done for any stds & plan to go this week. it does itch slightly, but not much. more than anything...its scaring the crap out of me. . (my partner also said she was tested recently and had no issues).
is this an std? blisters of some sort? or an allergic reaction to the latex condoms?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Health
5/26/2013
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 4 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Do you feel any pain there?
How large are the bumps?
Is there any fluid in it?

no pain. just itching occasionally. the bumps are small. almost like razor bumps (?). if i squeeze the bumps, they do hurt a little. can't tell if there's any fluid. doesn't seem like it.

Thank you for the information,

There can be a few possibilities.

Shaving can initiate razor bump.

This is due to irritation from hair growing back into skin.

Though it is not clear from picture, but it seems more in the hairy part of the penis.

So it can be razor bumps.

An allergy is also possible.

This can be due to bacterial infection like folliculitis but you are not having any pain.

As there is no clear fluid or pain, it does not sound like herpes too.

Wart can form there.

As your recent tests for std were clear & your partner did not have any such history it may not be std.

Still, you need to get those checked by doctor.

If he thinks necessary, he can advise tests again.

Antihistamine like zyrtec or benadryl will help if it is due to allergy.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards

i'm sorry for the delay. i wanted to wait till i got my testing done...

but also...i have another question.

i don't know if i do..but if i have some sort of an STI on my genitals...and i masturbate (say herpes or etc)... can that spread to my hands? is there any safe way of pleasuring myself if i have any kind of infection?

Are you fearing about herpes?

well, yes... but not just herpes. just about anything. i don't want any STI/STD.

i'm thinking it might be herpes... because i've been feeling feverish lately. for the past few days. (it could be something i caught. there seems to be something going around) but feverish feeling coincides w/ herpes, right?

i know i'm trying to self diagnose...i have a doc's appt set up for this saturday & will be getting a prescrip for the std testing.

Herpes virus remains dormant in the ganglia of the nerves.
Following trauma, stress etc it can reactivate & eruptions in the areas can occur where it has established latency.
You can experience rash in those areas.
Dissemination throughout the body is unlikely unless you are immune suppressed.
This depends on the immunity of the body to the infecting organism.
Other sti follow through some stages & recurrence is less common.
Self transmission can occur with HPV, but it is usually considered rare.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)