Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I sure hope you can answer some questions for me. I was only

Hello my name is***** sure...
Hello my name is***** sure hope you can answer some questions for me.
I was only taking a half of my klonopin because I was changing new doctors for pain management, so I was afraid I would not get my klonopin . I take 1 .50 klonopin daily. I drink much water because I have renal failure. I also have RA, OA, anxiety disorder and many other things wrong with me. My test showed no klonopin and also the test said my urine was cold. The test are sent out to another company. I am currently on methotrexate, triamt/hctz, folict acid, trazo-done, omeprazole, gabapentin, bentyl, citalopram, and sumatriptan for migranes. My e-mail is***@******.***. Please let me know why this would happen. I lost the doctor for the reasons above. I am so upset because he is the one that gives me all the pain blocks I need. He is the best around in Anderson, Indiana.
5/22/2013
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Do you take only one 0.5 mg klonopin a day?

Did they tell you your urine is cold?
they said my urine register cold on the test. I do take .50 daily. But for a week before I had an appointment I split my klonopin in half just in case the doctor would not fill my prescription. He just started my pain management with pills the day I took the test. I advised them I only took half for the last week. I thought I would have to ween myself off of the meds.
Hello Tina, thanks for the information.

The amount of actual non-metabolized klonopin released in urine is less than 1-2%.
So, I guess the urine test was negative for klonopin as you were on a very low dose. Half the dose of klonopin is hardly detected in the urine screening test unless specific tests for klonopin metabolites is done.

Urine could be cold in renal failure. This is due to inability of the kidneys to maintain normal chemistry , PH etc of the urine that is excreted by the kidneys.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Thank you so much!
You are most welcome. It was great assisting you.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

For any new health related issue, please request me as DR. Bora in the opening statement.
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor