Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have torn ligaments and muscles in my left hip also a bone

I have torn ligaments and muscles in my left hip also a bone spur in the joint of myhip i have extreme pain in the whole pelvic side on my left the top of my hip hurts to touch as well tp poke any where on my left buttocks where you hit bone I have shots with no help and had a microdiscectomy on my l5 s1 a year ago to aleve pain of sciatic but am still in great pain to drive sit walk any ideas?

Dr. R. Bora : Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.
Dr. R. Bora : Did you get shots on the joint itself?
Dr. R. Bora : Can we chat on this?
Dr. R. Bora : I guess you are offline.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I got the shots in the joint it self
Thanks.

Hello Gerry, if the shots were taken into the hip joint itself, you could try epidural shot. It works wonders in the disc related pain. However, pain relief from this technique is temporary lasting about 2 to 3 months.

Installing a spinal drug delivery system (eg from medtronic ) is another way of relieving chronic pain known as spinal neurostimulators. As the drug is delivered into the spinal fluid, the pain relief is longer. Pain relief is done with a small fraction of the medication than if taken orally.

Regional nerve block is another technique which helps to relieve chronic pain when other therapies fail.

You have to consult a chronic pain clinic to know more about these procedures.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No not really was wondering your take on the pevic pain and hip pain why the whole pelvis on left might be so painfull
That could be from inflammation of the sacro iliac joint that connects the pelvic bone with the sacrum on that side. You have also mentioned the presence of torn ligaments and muscles.

Get an MRI of the pelvis including the sacro iliac joints of both th sides to get a picture of all the ligaments as well as the bones and joints of the whole pelvis.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a way to fix this I have had this for over a year with no med help and I have been given several types I also have fibro I am ready to cut off my own hip the pain is that bad
As I already mentioned, you could get a regional nerve block. Here the nerves responsible for causing pain in the particular areas are injected with local anesthetic to numb the pain sensation.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok so just a nerve blocker , so as far as you know there is no way fix it
Well, not really.
There is also a possibility of RSD or reflex sympathetic dystrophy affecting the joints of that side. Check this link for reading more about it.

However, treatment is all that I have already mentioned.

I hope my answer has helped you.