Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Can I get a prescription for qsymia ( new time released

can I get a prescription for qsymia ( new time released weight loss drug )
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Well, Qsymia contains a combination of phentermine and topiramate.
This drug is used together with diet and exercise for weight loss.
It is advised that one should drink plenty of liquids taking this drug. This will lower your risk of having kidney stones.
According to research, one should loose at least 3% of your starting weight during the first 12 weeks of use of this drug.
Qsymia is a prescription drug and I am sorry that you will not get online prescription on justanswer.com.
To get this drug you have to personally see your doctor and get a prescription. This is illegal and against laws to provide online prescription. We can offer you advise for health/medical questions.
You have to personally see your doctor and get a prescription.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I saw a Dr. yesterday ( for bronchitis ) but he wanted to set another appointment for a physical instead of doing it on the same visit and I don't have insurance is this normal practice or is he trying to get more money from me
Dear *****, I can understand your concern.
I agree that with your doctor, that he has recommended a physical checkup before such prescription.
Your doctor would check any of these conditions-
high blood pressure, heart disease, heart rhythm problems, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, liver or kidney disease, low levels of potassium in your blood.
A complete thorough physical examination is must before such prescription. So your doctor has set another appointment. I agree with his steps for accurate prescription.
Please discuss this issue with your doctor, and get physical examination done.