Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I just scraped my leg on a rusted rerod......should I go get

I just scraped my leg on a rusted rerod......should I go get a tetanus shot?
Welcome and thanks for your question , I am Dr. German and I look forward to helping you until you are satisfied ,yes with this type of injury , you should go to your local hospital and get a tetanus shot booster if you have not received a booster shot during the last 5 years .

In the meantime, you should clean the area with soap and water and apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or polyporin which you can get over the counter.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should I go this evening or can it wait till tomorrow.

You should get it as soon as you can ,so this evening is preferable.