How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. R. Bora Your Own Question
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5233
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. R. Bora is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

lower abdominal pain, pelvic pain, tiredness, bloating, irregular

This answer was rated:

lower abdominal pain, pelvic pain, tiredness, bloating, irregular periods, spotting, unusual discharge (over a year).
ultrasound report: endometrial echo has unusual appearance, echogenic deposits along posterior border, probably represents some calcification of endometrial cavity. no fluid no fibroids. nabothian cyct on cervix. both ovaries appear bulky with volumes >10 and contain multible, small peripheral follicles. no adnexal masses or free fluid seen. awaiting fsh and lh levels.
age 28 no family history although my mother has fibroids. waiting to see gyn what should happen next and what is it ?
Based on what you describe, some likely possibilities are:

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome

You may benefit from oral contraceptives to regulate your hormone levels unless you are trying to get pregnant. IBS is usually treated with diet and lifestyle modification.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think IBS causes calcification in the uterus or bulky ovaries, although vague thanks for replying.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. ..or because they have to go off line for any number of reasons. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.


The other expert has opted out. I am Dr. Bora and see that you have been awaiting an answer for a long time.

I have read the ultrasound report which suggests the following:

1. Unusual endometrial echo with echogenic deposits: could be due to Endometiosis (abnormal uterine tissue), presence of blood products from previous D and E / D and C procedure, or due to to the presence of adhesions (scar formation) in the endometrial cavity. You need to talk to your gynae about this as these are likely possibilities, usually the cause for pelvic pain.

2. Nathobian cyst on the cervix is a benign cystic lesion which is the cause for the unusual vaginal discharge. This needs to be treated with antibiotics but a PAP smear is advisable.

3. Bulky ovaries with peripheral follicles could indicate PCOS or polycystic ovaries. This is usually due to abnormal ratio of FSH and LH hormones in the blood. This is often the cause for excess estrogen in the body with irregular periods.

So, all you need to do now is the following:

1.To wait for the LH and FSH results to exclude PCOS.

2. And also ask your gyne doctor to get a PAP smear as you have unusual vaginal discharge to exclude cervical dysplasia.

3. Exclude endometriosis by clinical evaluation.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5233
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Dr. R. Bora and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for the advice and i shall be going back to ask for a smear/pap test, i asked my dr about having one to be told that i had one 2yrs ago and won't need one for another yr. I have also booked in with a gynae in spire healthcare to get this sorted out.

I think you should get a new pap test done as you are having unusual vaginal discharge, even though you had one earlier.

Yes, you need a thorough evaluation.

Thanks for the accept!!.

If you have any new questions for me, you can make a special request for me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.

Good day!