How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Brims Your Own Question
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9616
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Brims is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a test tomorrow, a scan for parathyroid I was

Resolved Question:

I am having a test tomorrow, a scan for parathyroid I was just wondering what substance it is that they use for this test. I have had anafalactic reaction to IP dye so am very worried about this.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 4 years ago.
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

The substance is called sestamibi

Dr Brims :

It is not the same dye used for CT scans

Dr Brims :

It is a nuclear medicine test, which is different from a radiology test, and allergic reactions to this substance are rare

Dr. Brims and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 4 years ago.
Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?