Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am suffering from unrest stomach specially after eating. &

Good morning I am suffering from...
Good morning
I am suffering from unrest stomach specially after eating. & for that Yesterday i made an upper GI Endoscopy & the conclusion was :
Sliding Hiatus Hernia
Bile Gastritis
My question is : can it be healed with the treatments ?
What the food i have to avoid to prevent feel the heart burn .
Thanks
5/10/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Welcome to Just Answer.
When did the symptoms start?
Are you taking any medicine for it?
Did you have any other test?
Thank you.
The symptoms start 2 months ago & i went toDr who prescribe me nexium 20 (twice daily) , Zantac 300 (one before each meal) .
Yesterday when finished the endoscopy he prescribed me the following :
- Controloc 40 (one in the morning before breakfast).
- Coloverin SR (mebeverine hydrochloride)( one in the morning & one in the night).
- Mosapride 5 mg (mosapride citrate) (one before each meal)
- Ursofalk 250 mg (Ursodeoxycholic acid) (one before each meal).
I did before a barium swallow & barium meal & it was normal.
Also i did a blood picture & stool examination & also it was normal.
Did you have any gall bladder problem before?
No
Thank you Peter, for the information,
Hiatus hernia is common.
The medicines you have been prescribed will help to reduce the reflux from hernia.
You can take a few measures yourself, in addition.
In lying down position, reflux aggravates.
You can sleep with head end of the bed up.
Please avoid late evening meals.
Avoid lying down till 2-3 hours after meal.
There are some changes of food & eating habits which will help in hiatus hernia.
Take food in less amount but more frequently.
Small quantity avoids distension & causes less reflux.
Avoid smoking,or chewing tobacco.
Certain foods reduce tone of sphincter of lower end of esophagus & should be avoided.
Chocolate, coffee, alcohol, carbonated drink, citrus food, tomato juice, etc. can make it worse
Fatty food also stimulates reflux.
Some vegetables like cabbage, radish may increase the gas.
If you find any food is increasing the symptom, you need to avoid it.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Best Wishes.
Shall i will be on this regime for the rest of my life ?
Is there any hope to heal 100% & being normal again .
When i can feel the effect of the medical treatment .
You will feel the effect after 1-2 weeks.
Dietary measures should be followed.
You have to follow the regime always to prevent exacerbation of symptoms.
It can improve but 100% normal may not be possible.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)