Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I drank on Saturday, then Sunday stopping at 10:30 pm. I

have an etg test to...
I drank on Saturday, then Sunday stopping at 10:30 pm. I have an etg test to take on Thursday morning. I am a female, weighing 115 lbs. Will I pass this test/
5/8/2013
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

911Doctor :

You are going to be, probably, positive on the etG test

911Doctor :

The typical time to remain positive after your last drink is about 80 hours.

Customer:

What if I can put the test off until Thursday evening?

911Doctor :

So this puts you somewhere right at the 80 hour mark

911Doctor :

That would improve your chances for a negative test.

911Doctor :

are you there?

Customer:

The internet gives so many different reports on detection times. Does it depend on how much was consumed on Sunday?

911Doctor :

in a way yes, but it does not depend on this the way the breathalyzer or the blood test does.

911Doctor :

it does depend on the volume of alcohol consumed and the time between drinks

Customer:

Well this is just a ETG test. How vaild is the 80 hours?

911Doctor :

i'm not sure I understand

911Doctor :

if the test is positive it is proof you consumed alcohol recently

911Doctor :

it is not able to pinpoint the time of use

Customer:

Some sites say 96 hours.. Is this true?

911Doctor :

the reason that there is no clear answer is that people metabolize alcohol differently

911Doctor :

everyone is unique

911Doctor :

the test being positive also depends on 1. volume of alcohol consumed and 2. time between drinks

911Doctor :

so it is impossible to say if 80 or 96 or 70 or 50 hours will be the positive window for you

Customer:

How would I calculate that?

911Doctor :

for safety sake, assume the higher

911Doctor :

you can't, that's my point

911Doctor :

you can only take the test

911Doctor :

it is impossible to calculate whether it will be positive of not for any person

911Doctor :

there are only averages

911Doctor :

80 hours seems to be the time frame for most people

Customer:

Understand.

911Doctor :

for heavy, frequent drinkers 96 might be closer to the truth

911Doctor :

for occasional users less time to negative testing

Customer:

I have not drank in a month. Saturday evening and Sunday have been the only days I have drank. Would I be considered a heavy user?

911Doctor :

no

911Doctor :

this would argue for a good chance that you wouldn't be someone who was positive at 80 hours

911Doctor :

though if you drank to the point of severe intoxication all bets are off

Customer:

Not severe but intoxicated.

911Doctor :

again, we can only hope it is negative, simply no way to know unless you were able to take a test privately before the official one

Customer:

Sure...

911Doctor :

have you looked into that option? there are commercial labs that will run any test for a fee.

Customer:

Im not sure where to go. Seems like they all have to be sent out to a lab. I have to take the test tomorrow. Any thoughts?

911Doctor :

my only thought is the later in the day you can get it the better your chances for a negative.

Customer:

I can test in the evening around 7 pm. So from last drink Sunday at 10:30 pm to Thursday at 7 p.m what is that looking like for me?

911Doctor :

better

911Doctor :

that's looking like right at 90 hours if my math is good

911Doctor :

a very good chance for a negative

Customer:

That's not what I wanted to hear! haha

Customer:

Well 90 hours is better than 80

911Doctor :

not what you wanted to hear that it would likely be negative?

Customer:

No negative is good.....n

911Doctor :

yes, I agree

911Doctor :

do you have any final questions for me about this?

Customer:

Can I sleep tonight at 90 hours?

911Doctor :

I don't understand the question

Customer:

No....thanks so much and have a good evening

911Doctor :

you do the same....

911Doctor :

thanks for your question and good luck

911Doctor :

positive feedback always appreciated.

911Doctor :

be well

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

You too

911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor