Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

For my whole life I have had yellow teeth. My dental

For my whole life I have had yellow teeth. My dental situation is fine for a 67 year old. I have tried every whitening product known to man and since my teeth are otherwise okay and veneers are horribly expensive, I just wish someone would give me a non veneer solution to better whiten the teeth. I do not want party teeth but I can just never get them anywhere near close to as white as i want them. Any thoiught would be appreciated.

My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Here are a couple of things you can try at home without expensive dental visits or veneers:

Take a tablespoon or two (don't fill your entire mouth!!!) of sesame oil in your mouth. Gargle it thoroughly in the entire mouth for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you cover every part of your mouth as you 'swish and swirl' the oil. Don't just keep the oil without gargling. Keep gargling throughout the process(you may rest for a few seconds in case your jaws become tired, though!). But make sure you don't let the oil go down your throat. As you gargle, you will gradually notice that the oil becomes thinner and less viscous. After gargling, spit it out into the flush, and if you have done it right, you will notice that the oil has become least viscous and is whitish in color. Wash your mouth thoroughly well with warm (NOT HOT) water. Do this every day and you will definitely notice the difference!"

Or

Mix baking soda & peroxide in a small Tupperware container to form a paste.
Take a small,square once folded piece of tin foil & form a molded teeth guard of upper teeth. (bottom separably). Then place a small,squared paper towel inside molded foil, add thin layer of pre-mixed paste inside. Leave on for 15 min and then rinse. Do this 2 times per week. Make sure to brush and floss after every meal.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.