Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I am 32 years old and i recently visited a strip bar. I had

I am 32 years old and i recently visited a strip bar. I had a lap dance and
1. In the process of having oral with her breast, some kind of fluid ended up in my mouth and it was not milk.
2. I also happened to touch her upper portion of vagina with my index finger where my finger had a little cut.
3. I also had a kiss with her where she had my tongue in between her teeth with mild pressure.
Assuming the worst case scenario that she might be infected with HIV, Are there any possibilities that i might be infected with HIV? If so, how can i make sure that I am ok? I lost my piece of mind and i cannot even concentrate on my work. Please help.

The risk of HIV transmission from oral sex from HIV infected person is 1 in 10,000.

So overall from what you describe the chances of transmission are less likely.

Theoretically speaking the risk may be between 1 in 1000 to 1 in 10,000.

Usually testing for HIV is done by ELISA test at 3 month from exposure.

However some new test like HIV RNA PCR may detect HIV after 2 weeks from the exposure.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok when i meant oral with breast, i had her nipples in my mouth and also some fluid(might be due to sexual arousal) was released in to my mouth.

so does this count for HIV trasmission? Also i want to know about points 2 and 3 whether they count for HIV transmission?

1) See there are cases of HIV transmission from mother to baby from breast feeding.

So the risk from step 1 is 1 in 10,000.Basically the HIV tranmission occurs from exchange of body fluids.

Also step 2 and 3 have the potential for contact and exchange of body fluids.

So overall speaking the risk may be some where between 1 in 1000 to 1 in 10,000.

From an encounter of unprotected sex the risk is 1 in 1000.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So from step 3, Is saliva treated as body fluid? Can i know what are considered as body fluids.

Also in step 2 though my finger nail was cut, there was no wound or blood. So is there any risk in this case?

I understand your worry.

There is a risk when there is freshly open, bleeding wounds.

On your finger, the wound would have to be fairly deep, still fresh and bleeding and the woman would have to be HIV positive.

In such a case, the virus has to be able to travel from the body fluid of one person (vagina secretions) directly into the blood stream through the open wound into the body of the other person.

So far as I can find, or know of, there are no documented cases of HIV transmission from inserting fingers into someone's vagina.

Also kissing and pressing tongue is a very uncommon method of transmission of virus though theoretically the possibility exists if your partner is HIV positive and had even a little blood in the mouth.

Saliva is an extremely poor carrier of HIV, hence kissing, sucking, and licking the lips, mouth, and tongue are basically safe.

There have been reports of HIV being transmitted during a deep "French" kiss, and in all such reported cases exchange of infected blood was involved.
Therefore the risk is very very small, hence testing is recommended just as a routine and for peace of mind.

Hence if you are worried about getting HIV from this incident which is of a very low risk, I would recommend getting tested by the HIV antibody test immediately, and then at 6 weeks, 3 months, and a final confirmatory test at 6 months.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks a lot for your valuable clarifications. It already relieved my tension a lot. I would definitely rate you the max. Before ending the conversation, 1 last question: this happened kind of 2 days back and yesterday and today i have mild fever and kind of upset stomach (no Diarrhoe but kind of very little vomiting sensation). Are these the symptoms related to my event?

Thanks for the follow-up.

No, it is not possible to develop acute HIV symptoms in just 2 days.

The typical presentation is 2-4 weeks after exposure. It is possible that there may be some people that may have onset of symptoms that are slightly sooner or later than the norm, but it could not happen in such a short period of time.

Even the symptoms of an acute HIV infections (fever, sore throat, enlarged lymph nodes, muscle aches, etc.) are symptoms that can occur with a wide variety of other common viral infections. So any symptoms that develop in such a short time frame could be due to any of these common viral infections.

You should take OTC Motrin for fever and Prilosec for nausea.

Also hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

If your symptoms'll persist more than a week then consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Thank you.