Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have a problem breathing when I exert myself. I do not

I have a problem breathing when I exert myself. I do not have any burning sensation in my lungs, it seems to start in my diaphram area. It comes on suddenly and quickly as soon as I start to exert myself. Sometimes my stomach gets hard and makes it more difficult to breath and I even feel tenderness sometimes. I have had a hiatal hernia fixed some 35 years ago. If I was to do a sit up it would bulge outward. I have also had my gallbladder removed in the last six months. I have mild COPD and an inhaler helps for a short period of time. I walk daily and do calisthetics. I don't feel any real strain doing this. However, if I quicker my walk or jog, I immediately start gasping for air. When I am at rest my oxygen level is good (98) and my blood pressure is fine. I have had open heart surgery and have a pacemaker diffibulator that helps. I have even changed my documents to eliminate meat and poultry. I do have two valves that leak but the heart doctor says they are ok. I am 76 and did not have this breathing problem prior to getting my gallblader out which was six months ago. It has improved since than but still far under what I was just six months ago with the gallbladder.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

I can help you with an answer but you have a poor accept rate.

So, I would be more than glad to help you if you read my answer genuinely and rate me positively.

Have you undergone a lung function study recently when the breathing problem started?

Do you have history of asthma?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I have had a lung function study test.

No history of asthma

Alright.

You specifically mentioned that the breathing problem starts as soon as you start to exert yourself. Now, to determine if the "sudden onset breathing difficulty" is due to lung or heart dysfunction, you have to get another test done (more informative than the lung function test). It is known as the Stress testing doen on a treadmill or pedalling a stationery bike. Please talk to your cardiologist about getting this test done asap. This test will also show your blood oxygenation, blood pressure during physical activity; if there is abnormal fluctuation in these parameters.
Since your symptoms started after the operation, it could be that your problems have exacerbated since than which are more evident during exercise / physical activity.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer and I will take the stress test.

But do you know of any place in the Sarasota, Florida area that has a group evaluation similar to the Mayo clinic? I am on Medicare and I forgot to tell you that I am also diabetic. My sugar levels have been very good when I take oral meds.

there are a few clinics in sarasota, florida but I am not sure if their services are similar to Mayo clinic. I will provide the addresses here, please contact them.

1. Sarasota heart clinic.

(941)(###) ###-####/strong>

***** Sarasota, FL 34239

Near Southside Village and Pine Grove

2. Sarasota Medical clinic.

(941)(###) ###-####/strong>

***** Sarasota, FL 34233

I hope my answer has helped you.

Thanks for the accept. I hope that you get the test done and be hale and hearty soon enough!