Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

Blood in my semen after intercourse what could that be? It

Blood in my semen after intercourse what could that be? It happened only once
Welcome and thanks for your question , in most cases, specially if this one time event , nothing serious is involved and goes away on its own, so there is no need to be concerned or worried about this .
After vigorous sexual activity , some small blood vessel could burst and that blood could leak inside your urethra and appear in your semen or urine .
If this happens again or you develop additional symptoms like burning urine , fever or ejaculation problems You should consult your doctor for a further medical evaluation.
In most cases ,specially in young men an infection is involved ( prostatitis ,epididymitis , urinary tract infection or STD ( sexually transmittable disease ) ).Less common factors are kidney, urinary tract or bladder masses , low platelets ,blood coagulation disorders or medications.
Your doctor will perform some tests including an urine test , some image tests including a pelvic ultrasound , PSA levels , STD tests and blood tests to determine what is producing this bleeding so you can be treated properly .
If this happened only one time , there is no need to be concerned .
If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.
Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !
When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.