How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17823
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having pain in the upper right part of the pelvic area. It

Resolved Question:

Having pain in the upper right part of the pelvic area. It has been off and on for several months but now it seems worse. What could it be?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Saha :


Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

When did it start first?

Dr. Saha :

How frequently does it occur?

Dr. Saha :

How long does the pain last?

Dr. Saha :

Is there any swelling?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It started several months ago probably June of last year when i started feeling a bit discomfort, now the pain feels more and worse. I've uploaded a picture of the problem area.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
Do you feel any lump or swelling there?
Does the pain shift to other part?
Is there any tenderness on pressure?
How is urine? stool?
Did you consult doctor?
Did you have any test?
What does aggravate the pain or relieve it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no lumps or swelling.

pain shifts a bit downward

no tendernes or pressure.

urine and stool is normal

no have not consulted a doctor.

no urine tests.

when i press in that area it aggravates the pain, lying down relives it a bit.

was the pic receive ok or should i reload.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I have got the picture. It appears to be in the groin fold. Is it correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the x is where it hurts.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
The pain in this area can be due to a few possibilities.
There can be a muscle spasm or strain but that would not persist for months..
An impingement of nerve can also cause pain to radiate to this part.
This can be affected by posture or position.
Pain from urinary colic as from infection, stone can be felt here.
But those are usually associated with change in urine color, frequency or pain during urination.
You are not having any such.
Inflammation of intestine or colon, hip arthritis can be other causes.
Hernia can be a source of pain here.
Though it usually causes swelling but initially it may not be significant.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor as the pain is recurring.
Doctor can advise a few tests depending on clinical findings.
He can take an ultrasound examination of the area.
If the pain is much, you can take analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like ibuprofen or naproxen if there is no contraindication.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know.
Dr. Saha and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you