Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I actually had an okay day today except for the dizziness. I

Hi Doctor, I actually had an...
Hi Doctor,
I actually had an okay day today except for the dizziness. I slept good in my new HARD bed. I didn't wake up with a back ache this morning. I received the magnesium pills today. Am I suppose to take 1 with a meal or anytime ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/13/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
One in the morning with breakfast--so the back's fine?

This morning I woke up with no low back pain. When I am out of town and sleep like at the Hilton I also wake up with no back pain. The part of my back has hurt for about 5 years. AND this is my 5th bed. I guess it took one as hard as a rock to help with the back pain. My neck still is tensed and my shoulder still tensed some although I am not as bad as I was yesterday.

Last night when I went to eat I was in a restaurant here locally that I haven't been in for about a month and when I was done eating the waiter which is 20 years old asked me if I was alright I said well actually no I am not feeling to well. So other people can tell I am not myself. I noticed I have dark circles around my eyes as well. My asked my husband why does everyone ask me if i am alright and he said because you look like you are going to pass out any minute.

how has your sleeping been lately?

not good at all maybe 5 or 6 hours a night. I actually got about 8 hours at least last night it felt really good. I took a muscle relaxer and went to bed. Going to see a movie now will check back later doctor.

Well you probably look the way you do from not enough sleep and maybe not enough physical activity

I am sure I haven't been getting enough sleep hopefully this bed will help me with that. As far as activity I know I don't get enough doctor I am dizzy and not a little bit a lot I actually have to hold on to someone to walk most of the time. I can't walk or exercise at all I am afraid of passing out. I am not sure what to do about this situation. It worries me. BTW if you like baseball we just went and the ***** ***** movie called "42" it was awesome you may want to check it out if you have any relaxing time. Great movie!

I do want to see that movie for sure. Just to make sure--dizzy as in the room is spinning around?
No doctor the room is not spinning. My dizziness is not like that. When we were at the movies last night. I had to sit up very high and I was ok until I was coming down the stairs I had to hold on to the rail and look down or I would have fallen. Also when we got down to the first floor level all of the people where there as we were walking I ha dot hold on to my husband and the wall and look down because seeing all the people moving at the same time made me dizzier.
OK--maybe we have different meanings for the word dizziness. Bdizziness I mean the felling you have if you spin yourself around quickly for a while and then stop and it still feels like you're spinning around. What you describe sounds more like a lack of balance.
I do not feel like I am spinning. Never have felt that way.Balance yes my doctor knows it as well but since I had the MRI and it shows nothing he now ignores that I am dizzy. He had me stand with my eyes closed and arms out he saw me lose my balance I can't do it I weave back and forth.
Remind me--have you had your vitamin B12 and thiamine levels checked?
I believe so. I know my B12 was good. I gave you my last lab results and it seemed to have all been good.
OK--just checking. If it's that bad why won't your doctor have a neurologist take a look at you?
I don't know doctor. You are finally seeing what I have been going through with these doctors out here. I saw a neurologist in 2011 and he was next to nothing. He said I shouldn't have had the cat scan on my head it could cause cancer he said I probably will see you back here in a few years with rain cancer because of all radiation your brain took. So needless to say doctor I never went back to him. Then I saw another one who was a female and she said I had a seizure when I past out 3 times in 2010 and that is why I am dizzy. I asked her how can you make such an diagnosis without any test or X-rays? She was looking over my previous lab work and said you are very low in vitamin D she said the best way to get vitamin D is to layout in the sunshine 20 minutes a day in the NUDE. So needless to say I never went back to her. I hope you know by now after all this time you have been the only doctor who has taken the time with me and who has helps me in anyway. I am at a lost here of what to about my health. Because I don't know what is causing this dizziness and it has been like this since May 2010 that is why I am worried about anesthetic when I have to see the gastro.
OK--on ct scan of the brain does not cause cancer and sunlight can help with vitamin D deficiency but sometimes you still need supplementation. It certainly does sound like you've had very superficial and ineffective doctors in the past. Let me ask you this--do you live near a major university teaching hospital?
No doctor I don't the closest teaching hospital is 4 hours either way of me. I told you I the very beginning when we first started talking that. We have inadequate doctors in this area. Now you know it's true. I at a complete loss with my health issues and have suffered with this dizziness since 2010. And I don't know what to do about it. Even if I could get to a teaching hospital how do I get in? Don't u need a referral?
It helps to have a referral but it isn't absolutely necessary
I don't know what to do doctor? Meanwhile my health is at stake here and it has been so long that I may have damaged something more who knows. Because we don't know what is causing it. That is why I asked you so many times if it could have been my heart with this other stuff popping up now.
OK--sorry if we've gone over this before but what kind of studies have you had for your heart?
None. I did see a cardiologist he asked me what happened when I past out and then said it was not heart related. I did go to the ER a few times and they did EKG and blood test and a X-ray with dye and sent me home and said follow up with a cardiologist for further test.
OK--but no what's going on now isn't heart related
Ok well I am glad to hear that. But now what do I do? Any idea what causes this dizziness? You know when I wake up first thing in the morning it's not to bad it's there but not to bad it's just that I must be very careful and do things slowly or I feel like I could pass out. And no way can I walk by myself or try to exercise at all. Another thing I can't get in any type of heat like the weather being hot or I will pass out. Or least feel like I will.
Well, we've talked about this before and you still need the other studies I mentioned before. I wish I could help you more with this, but I'm not your doctor. I would suggest calling the neurology department at the nearest teaching hospital and seeing if you can get a consultation there. Sorry, but I have to be off for a while so I'm going to need us to close the page.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)