Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I get a chemical taste/smell in my mouth similar to

I get a chemical taste/smell in my mouth similar to acetone(nail polish remover) and I get it ONLY when I have an anxiety attack. My doctor thinks its just my imagination but it is always there during an attack. Have you heard of this before?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Do you recover from the metallic taste after the anxiety attack is over?

Are you on any medicines for anxiety?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I have been prescribed Bosperone for anxiety but I did not like how it made me feel so I quit taking it. I currently do not take anything now. I do recover from the mettallic taste when the attacks are over.

Alright thanks samantha.

Chemical / Metallic taste in mouth is sometimes seen during anxiety but there is no documented medical explanation for this.

If you do not want to try out any medicine for anxiety, you can also talk to your doctor about CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy. This includes therapy sessions which help to eliminate the anxiety causing factors by coming to terms with them. CBT is highly rewarding ad I would strongly suggest that you try it out.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Hello Samantha,
How have you been doing? I have already provided you an answer to your question.
Do you need any more help?