How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2890
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell backwards onto a concrete floor Tues. 4/09/13. I

This answer was rated:

I fell backwards onto a concrete floor Tues. 4/09/13. I popped my head on the concrete floor really hard. I was dazed for a few seconds but got up it took me a minute to get myself together but I didn't loose concscienceness (sp). I've had a headache off and on but my head is really sore (on the right side of my head at the back) The knot is still there but gone down some, It was the size of a baseball. Should I seek medical help to have it checked out?


As you description,i also advise to consult your family doctor for a clinical examination if you have severe headache and undergo CT scan.

Possible differential diagnosis may include Concussion.
Chances of head injury are less however possible.

Serious brain injury would generally make itself known over the first 24 hours, even over the first 6 hours.

Serious bleeding which would cause problems would certainly have caused symptoms (worsening headache, dizziness, lethargy, confusion, vomiting, numbness, weakness, etc) within hours.

It is common after bumping the head against something to experience some headache (most likely due to the jarring effect), and this should gradually get better and resolve completely.

Take OTC Tylenol only for headache.

If you have associated vomiting,dizziness,blurred vision,disorientation then you should visit ER for prompt management.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.

Onlinedoc and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you