Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Requesting Dr. Chip, woke up this morning with pain in my

Requesting Dr. Chip, woke up this morning with pain in my upper back area.
Tell me all you can about it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sure. Well first that pain I told you about it in my upper thigh yesterday is gone.

Today's new thing is I woke up this morning per usual. Showered and then went to a dentist appointment. On the way to the dentist appointment I felt a sharp pain in my right upper back. It was very aggravating for a few hours but now has decreased.

Around your shoulder blade? Does it hurt to move the shoulder or the neck?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Doesn't hurt to move the neck. Yes I would say in the shoulder blade region.

Does it hurt to take a deep breath?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

OK--again nothing serious then Has to be muscular and not lung or heart. Just a cramp and nothing to do with STD's. Should be gone by tomorrow
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You really think just a cramp? It lasted for a few hours and had more of a piercing type of pain which felt different than a cramp like pain. Sorry I meant this as a question

Sorry for the delay--you didn't mention whether eny movement--shoulder or otherwise--made it hurt more
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
moving my shoulder to right causes mild discomfort
OK--that means it has to be muscular--probably the rhomboid and/or the trapezius. Nothing inside the chest--lungs or heart--would do that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thx . What does that mean for me?
Nothing really to worry about--we all get a muscle cramp from time to time
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I see. I hope that is what it is. My greater worry is that it may be a muscuoskletal disorder/disease?

Well, have you ever had anything like this before anywhere else in your body, and are you going to worry that any little ache or pain from now one is going to be a sign of some serious medical condition?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Primarily in shoulder blade area every now and again over the last few years...comes and goes

OK--no disorder like an autoimmune one like muscular dystrophy or polymyalgia rheumatica ever affects only the same area every time. And if you've had it happen for years, if it were a serious condition, it would have gotten much worse by now.