Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I just returned home and I was wondering about a few things.

Hi Doctor, I just returned...
Hi Doctor, I just returned home and I was wondering about a few things. Should I be drinking cold fluids or hot or warm liquids? Also could I have like yogurt after 7:00pm if I wanted to or a banana? I don't have much of an appetite anymore so I am not eating much now and I think I am afraid to eat to much because of the heartburn stuff.
4/8/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
One more time here--any foods that bother you a fair amount?

I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you asking if there are any foods that bother me? If that is the question I don't know.

Should I be drinking cold fluids or hot or warm liquids? Also could I have like yogurt after 7:00pm if I wanted to or a banana?

Also I need to make sure I am taking the zantac correctly I took one at 9:30am and then I was going to take another one at 9:30 pm is that correct?

I mean are there any foods that you eat that bother your stomach--fatty, fried, citric, etc? Correct on the Zantac and I'd suggest warm fluids for now

I am not sure if anything does or not. I am being super careful about what I eat now. I have lost my appetite and so today I ate a small bowl of cream of wheat and a banana and for dinner a bowl of chicken soup and a piece of turkey. I am trying to keep my energy level up. I was thinking maybe I should buy some of that insure that the seniors drink. I don't know. Would I be be able to have a yogurt or banana after 7:00pm if I wanted to?

One more question here--what's your weight been doing lately--up,down, or the same?
It has stayed the same. I don't know if you remember or not but I had a roux-n-y gastric bypass in 1995. The last 5 years I gained most of my weight back. Not sure if it was thyroid or what.
I am sitting up in bed again I just have no energy and feel out of it. The left side of my neck seems to be warm and kind of numb again. It has always been weird on that side in the front of my neck since I past out in may of 2010. Also I keep feeling like I am swallowing something in the back of my throat like drainage. Maybe sinus I didn't know.
I think the throat thing is still the reflux. The yogurt and the banana are fine. Like I said before, for now so long as you avoid fatty, fried, and spicy foods and perhaps citric foods like oranges, grapefruits, tomatoes, it should be OK
Doctor, do you think I should see the gastro about this? I mean is there anything he can give me that will make me feel better quicker? There is no way I can do the endoscopy right now I can't drink that junk he wants me to drink for the colonoscopy. Maybe it will get better in the next day or so.i am slightly laying down and sitting up and it has started a little bit burning.
it would be a good idea to see him again since it might be best to switch you to prescription Nexium and he might want to add Reglan to help empty your stomach better
Ok I will call and see when I can get in with him again. The gastro is the one I need to see right ? Not a MD?
The gastro would be best
Doctor is there any natural products to take to heal from the inside out or take care of this? What causes the heartburn anyway?
Baking soda in water and melatonin can help
Should I try to do something like that now? Or when I feel a little better? What causes heart burn anyway was it soe thing I ate? My right arm in the muscle area at the top ached. A little bit again and then stopped and the left arm muscle area acted like it was going to cramp again and then stopped.
You can try both of those now. As for what causes heartburn--two things--gastric acid refluxing into the esophagus and inflammation of the stomach lining. As for the arm--still not your heart and try a little magnesium supplementation for that
Omg thank you doctor. I guess I have been scared all along thinking it was my heart and I don't want that. I have prayed and prayed not to let it be that. I wonder why I keep trying to get cramps in my arms weird. Magnesium like in a pill form or liquid? And how much should I take? You always come through with helping to ease my mind about everything. Thank you for that.
320mg per day for the magnesium. The cramps may be from your being a little deficient in magnesium
maybe low water to. I haven't been drinking much fluids. I found this online would this be ok to take or good to take? Mag-Ox 400 Antacid & Magnesium Supplement, Tablets 120ct. doctor why do I keep getting cold hands and feet like I am freezing and then get a hot flash?
That one supplement would be fine. As for the cold hands and feet it could be anemia especially if you haven't been eating iron rich foods lately
Doctor read what it says about it. It says its for indigestion to. Should I take 1 a day? I will order it right now.
MagOx 400 Mg Tablets used as a dietary supplement to increase daily intake of magnesium, for relief of acid indigestion and upset stomach. Antacid: Relieves acid indigestion, upset stomach. Magnesium Supplement: As a daily source of extra magnesium. The importance of normal magnesium intake. Essential mineral needed by every cell in your body. Helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function. Helps keep heart rhythm steady. Helps maintain normal blood pressure. Helps maintain bone strength. Helps in the absorption of calcium and potassium. Signs of a magnesium deficiency: depression, abnormal heart rhythms; muscle and leg cramps; migraines. Why Mag-Ox 400? Pharmaceutical grade quality. Contains most concentrated form of magnesium. Contains no sugar, gluten, sodium, lactose, or preservatives. Formulated for optimal absorption. Small tablet, easy to swallow. Reason for magnesium deficiency: Dietary Intake - 90% of Americans don't get enough magnesium in their diets. Prescription Drugs - Diuretics, cisplatin, cyclosporine, and antibiotics. Health Conditions - Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, and diabetes are commonly associated with a magnesium deficiency.
One a day, yes. And it's a very good supplement
I will buy this item and take it as you suggested. Doctor my left jaw line hurt a little bit and stopped and it happened twice in the last 5 mins and stopped. It almost feels inline with the numb area of my neck . Hopefully you will see this and answer it so I can react peacefully tonight.
Sorry I had gone to bed when you last posted. Nothing serious about your jaw pain--just from your neck and not from your heart
I have been awake for about a hour now. My sleep pattern is off for some reason. It was 4:00am when I woke up actually I feel pretty good except I noticed my right arm muscle is sore. My left side of neck is not as numb as it was.heartburn not real noticeable at this moment. I am going to try and watch tv for a while and hopefully I will get sleepy again.
I just wanted to update you.
OK--try not to worry and keep me updated but we need to close this page with a rating please
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)