Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

If an escort has protected sex before me and I use

if an escort has protected sex before me and I use protection with her nor did the condom tear or break or the tip of the penis touched her vagina at all and she said she got tested for hiv 6 months ago and she came out negative and if she was positive what are my chances of getting infected and how worried should I be ? just to be safe when should I get tested ?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

There are two ways to test for HIV -- antibody testing and RNA testing .

1. Antibody testing :
These tests look for antibodies to HIV, not the virus itself. It takes about one month, sometimes up to three months, after infection for your body to produce enough antibodies to show up on a test.

2. RNA testing:

Unlike antibody tests, RNA tests can detect the presence of the virus itself.
RNA tests are done from blood samples and it usually takes two weeks for the lab to process the test.
RNA tests are more costly and used less often than antibody tests.

A far as your situation is concerned, you should not test positive for HIV as she turned out negative . However, to be sure, you should get tested earliest by the RAPID antibody test at 1 month , than at 3 months and if you still have doubts, get checked at 6 months. At 6 months, if you are negative, there are no chances of turning positive later.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should I be worried bout an infection ?