How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charles Your Own Question
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a redness in my right inner groin fold area between

This answer was rated:

I have a redness in my right inner groin fold area between my vagina and thigh; I suspect it's an external skin yeast infection from the area getting too moist (I'm heavy and didn't shower for 2 days-usually not an issue) . I'm trying to keep it dry using powder with cornstarch/baking soda. I'm reading that antibiotic creme shouldn't be used but perhaps vasoline? (Female, 60, 5'2", 200 lbs., diabetic type 2, no allergies)
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have itching there between vagina & thigh?
Is there any vaginal discharge?
Is your diabetes controlled?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no itching

no discharge

diabetes is controlled

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Yes,the symptoms you have described is most probably because of fungal infection.

Typically the groin becomes itchy and irritable, mainly in the crease between the top of the leg(groin) and the genitals.

Apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available as over the counter(OTC) without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.

Also you may need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).

Also keep checking your blood sugar levels.Diabetics are more prone to get fungal infections.

Keep your genital area clean and dry.Avoid undergarments made from synthetic materials.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is you need to apply the above described cream.If still the symptoms persists then you need to consult your doctor as oral anti fungal medication may then be prescribed accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles and 6 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you applied the cream?
Is there any itching still there?

Let me know,