Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

How does this work?

How does this work?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help you.
What is your question, Please provide me complete details, so that i can provide you answer at the earliest.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The situation is that this person had a bad cough and then developed a fever of about 102. He became thirsty in the middle of the night, got water, and on his way back to bed, fainted and hit his head against a wall and/or a window crank. He was unconcious for a number of seconds. He has two areas on his head that show impact. He seemed not to remember things that he said initially and repeated himself but now seems alert. He has a doctor's appt. in about 10 hours and would like to go back to sleep (he has not had a good quality leep in a few days.) His temp is about 100.5 and he is not coughing much. Does he need to go to the ER or can he go to sleep and see his dr. later?

Jess, Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about his problems.
Has he developed any of these symptoms after head injury-
Seizures, Weakness in arm or leg, Dilated pupils, bleeding or fluid discharge from ear or nose?
Did he vomited after injury?
Is he having severe breathing discomfort?
For how long he has cough? Is he passing green sputum?
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

He did not have a seizure, no bleeding other than where he hit his head. He is complaining about some strange sensation in his right arm. No vomiting or breathing discomfort. He's had the cough for a few days, but that's been getting better. No green sputum. His only other complaint is that he is very thirsty and his throat is very dry.

Jess, I am sorry to hear about his problems.
The serious symptoms, which are associated with head injury are-Seizures
-Dilated pupils
-Bleeding or fluid discharge from ear or nose
-Imbalance
-Vomiting
-Persistent or worsening headache
It is good to hear that he don't have any such serious symptoms. It doesn't sound that he have intracranial hematoma, it a serious condition that puts pressure on the brain. As you said, he is alert, so i would not panic for any serious head injury.
Regarding fever, he should be given cold packs and Tylenol. He should take adequate rest and slowly drink water or fluids. He can apply ice packs on affected part of head, where it was injured.
He can go for Steam inhalation, Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. He can also put menthol in it if he have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
Yes, he can safely have a sound sleep.
He should get himself checked from doctor by tomorrow.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll be able to let him sleep peacefully now!

Jess. You are Welcome. Thank you for using justanswer service.
If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Hello.
How are you doing? Let me know if you have any more follow up questions.
Thank you and take care.