How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a chronic pain patient and i a m having problems getting

Customer Question

I am a chronic pain patient and i a

m having problems getting my prescribe medications filled .i have to legitimate prescriptions 8mg dilaudid quantity 180 and 15mg oxycodone quantity 60. The pharmacys i have tried either don't have enough or don't carry it. Where can i go or how can i get my medication?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
If I understand your problem, you have a physician who is prescribing these medications, but you can't find a local pharmacy to fill the prescription?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. I use winndixie,kmart, walmart, and cvspharmacy and they either don't have enough on hand or they don'tcarry the 8mg dilaudid
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
In my experience, your best option is to deal with a local (rather than these national chains) pharmacy that would work with you and your physician to order your medications in the dose and quantity required.