Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Pulsing neck pain when heart is at rest

pulsing neck pain when heart is at rest
3/27/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

When did you start feeling the pain?

Customer:

2 years ago after that a year later been realy tired

Dr. Saha :

How frequently do you feel it?

Customer:

evreyday at Rest

Dr. Saha :

In which part of the neck exactly?

Customer:

under neath the jaw I believe it leads to the heart because my heart flutters here and there

Customer:

left side

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any swelling there?

Customer:

no

Dr. Saha :

Any pain on pushing the area?

Customer:

I cant really feel my body eathier

Customer:

and no

Dr. Saha :

How long does the pain last?

Customer:

in the chest about 5 minutes

Dr. Saha :

Do you take any medicine?

Customer:

Hospital and Family docter never precribed me any medication they even digonsed me with High blood pressure

Dr. Saha :

Can you write down the numbers of blood pressure?

Customer:

dont have a blood pessure moniter I can tell you its in pre hypertension for the past 2 in a half years

Dr. Saha :

What was the level in doctor's office?

Customer:

dont remember its been awile

Dr. Saha :

Did you have any test?

Customer:

ekg came out okay had one test come back with high ammounts of fatty accids

Dr. Saha :

When did you have the EKG? Are you overweight?

Customer:

3 weeks ago and im 18 at 260 pounds so yes

Dr. Saha :

The pain can be due to different factors.

Dr. Saha :

Heart pain can be felt in the neck.

Dr. Saha :

But in your age it is unlikely a cause.

Dr. Saha :

There can be other factors like muscle spasm.

Dr. Saha :

Anxiety, stress can cause heart palpitation.

Dr. Saha :

Still I would suggest to consult your doctor again if you continue to feel the pain.

Dr. Saha :

Doctor can take further tests like Holter monitor, stress tests, echo if he feels necessary..

Customer:

I have been diognose with axiety after a drug overdose

Dr. Saha :

Anxiety is the likely cause in your case.

Customer:

but can axiety make me tired all day?

Customer:

and not be able to feel my body?

Dr. Saha :

Yes, it can cause tiredness.

Dr. Saha :

Did you consult psychologist?

Customer:

Dont have one

Dr. Saha :

You can have a consultation.

Customer:

whats that?

Dr. Saha :

Counselling can be helpful.

Dr. Saha :

Psychotherapy like cognitive behavioral therapy can be helpful for you.

Medicine may not be necessary always.

Dr. Saha :

You can reference this link for additional information on the topic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/MY00194/METHOD=print

Dr. Saha :

Please try to take regular exercise too.

Customer:

Okay one last question I almost died of an ecstasy overdose 3 years back and after that overdose this is whene It all started down the road do you think this has a factor because I seen something that scared the living crap out of me that made me go sober?

Customer:

made me quit cold turky

Dr. Saha :

You may be having anxiety after the incident. The effect of medicine or withdrawal would not last so long.

Dr. Saha :

Now counselling as I wrote would be good for you.

Customer:

Okay im gonna try this out

Dr. Saha :

This will help to overcome the anxiety & stress.

Dr. Saha :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer:

If you ever have time please watch this video Thank you for all your information you got a good Excellent service

Customer:

http://youtu.be/TeQwEHRHK4A

Dr. Saha :
You are always welcome.
Customer:

Have a blessed week

Dr. Saha :

I shall watch the video

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)